Lannister Regiment Armour (WIP) - Game of Thrones Fanart

Full A-posed character rendered in MT3

Full A-posed character rendered in MT3

Helmet has two variants. The one visors  was based on design from earlier seasons. The lighter one can be seen in later seasons.

Helmet has two variants. The one visors was based on design from earlier seasons. The lighter one can be seen in later seasons.

Armour Overview Animation (Rendered in MT3)

Armour variants: Footman, Lieutenant, Commander

Armour variants: Footman, Lieutenant, Commander

Head was a photogrammetry project from a series of pictures acquired from 3DScanStore. Pictures were processed in Metashape, cleaned up in Zbrush and adjusted to fit a general face topology

Head was a photogrammetry project from a series of pictures acquired from 3DScanStore. Pictures were processed in Metashape, cleaned up in Zbrush and adjusted to fit a general face topology

After baking Highpoly data all maps had to be slightly cleaned cleaned up. Colour map was corrected to a more neutral shade.

After baking Highpoly data all maps had to be slightly cleaned cleaned up. Colour map was corrected to a more neutral shade.

Older man head was also acquired from 3DScanStore. This one was already fully optimised for realtime. I managed to share the same UV and topology across both heads which allowed me to Swap textures and apply displacement detail more flexibly.

Older man head was also acquired from 3DScanStore. This one was already fully optimised for realtime. I managed to share the same UV and topology across both heads which allowed me to Swap textures and apply displacement detail more flexibly.

All of the garments were created in Marvelous Designer. Gloves were based on my own real life I wear in winter so it was a great experience replicating them based on a draft.

All of the garments were created in Marvelous Designer. Gloves were based on my own real life I wear in winter so it was a great experience replicating them based on a draft.

Most of the challenging sculpting was adding details to the leather areas, since I felt pretty confident with my hard surface sculpting.

Most of the challenging sculpting was adding details to the leather areas, since I felt pretty confident with my hard surface sculpting.

-- Still Work in Progress, but I thought it was worth sharing at this stage. --
Realtime Project based on HBO's Game of Thrones designs.
Character was originally indented for a fan project Seven Kingdoms: Mud and Ash. Outfit had to consist of multiple layers and variants for gameplay purposes. The goal is to make a realistic artwork using official reference and personal imagination.

During this project I've further improved my modelling skills in Marvelous Designer, refined my experience with sculpting details on leather and fabric as well as metal. Additionally, I've analysed and replicated photogrammetry processes of a human head.

Assets were textured using Quixel MIxer

Production progress is being documented in my blog section https://www.artstation.com/enpremi/blog

Most renders come from Marmoset Toolbag 3, but the whole project is also aimed at Unreal Engine. Materials are built for both Specular and Metalness workflow.